Friday, April 19, 2013

Triple, Double, Single


Way back five whole weeks ago, when I first got my Pivot Les bulletbike, I had hoped to build it with my brand new XX1 drive train.  Unfortunately the driver I needed to make the rear wheel XX1 compatible was not yet available.  So, I had GoRideBikes throw on an old XTR triple crankset that we had laying around.
Build 1: Pivot being built with XTR triple

While I was really excited about the brand new XX1, I couldn't really complain about having a spare XTR crank as a temporary replacement.  Poor me:)  Two whole weeks later I learned about the new WickWerks chainrings where you can convert pretty much any triple to a double.  Loving the simplicity of fewer chainrings in front, I rebuilt my bike with a 24/36 double and it has worked flawlessly for the past three weeks.

Build 2:  XTR triple crankset converted to 24/36 WickWerks double

Last weekend, the coveted driver arrived so my bike was back at the shop being rebuilt for the third time with XX1.  Not to brag, but check out this badass set-up:

Build 3
-Pivot Les carbon 29er hardtail
-SRAM XX1 drivetrain 30x10/42.  And yes, I am a bit embarrassed by my ultra wimpy gear ratio:)
-Stans NoTubes Race Gold wheels
-Conti X-King Protection tires
-Xpedo M-Force 8 Ti pedals
-Rock Shox Sid XX World Cup fork
-Ergon GX1 grips and SM3 Pro saddle
-Enve stem, bars, and seatpost

I'm pretty sure I have the coolest bike ever!  I can't wait to race it!

While it may seem like all I have done for the past few weeks is build and rebuild my bike, I have managed to find some time to race.  We traveled down to St. George for the 2nd ICUP race where I finished 2nd and then the following weekend I finished a very tired 5th place at the Rumble at 18 Road in Fruita.



This week, I have been getting in some quality rest and am really looking forward to racing my new rig at the first USCS dirt circuit race tomorrow in Alpine, Utah.

No comments:

Post a Comment