Sunday, May 22, 2011

No news is good news

Week 2 post infusion 2 seems pretty similar to week 2 post infusion 1. This week I worked, rode my bike, and even did some core/upper extremity work a few times. Don't get me wrong, this is NO walk in the park, however I feel fortunate that so far I am strong and healthy enough to remain somewhat physically active. For this my sanity is happy as well.

I am over being worried about my elevated B12 levels. Both my oncologist and naturopath say, "better high than low". Instead I will focus my worries, because of course I need to worry about something, on my red blood cell count. Prior to my last infusion, my bloodwork indicated that my RBC count was just below the normal range, indicating that I am slightly anemic.

Low red blood cells=anemic=low energy levels=can't ride my bike.

I am certainly not to that point yet, but I don't want to get to that point either. I have noticed that when I get up too quickly that I am dizzy, just like my puppy:) and a sign of anemia. There is not a lot I can do to control my RBCs, however I am trying to get plenty of rest and eat well. The moment of truth will be this Friday when I go in for my 3rd infusion and get a new set of bloodwork results.

Honestly, if this is my biggest worry at this point, I'm pretty fortunate. This is hardly worthy of a post. Like I said, no news is good news.

In cycling related news, there is the possibility that I may do a little bike race in October. This would be strictly for fun (as in I have no intention of 'training' for quite some time), but then again, bike racing isn't fun unless you are going hard:)

2 comments: