Monday, December 31, 2012

Looking ahead to 2013

What a year 2012 has been!  Since I've blogged and re-blogged and then blogged again about the awesomeness of 2012, I am passing on looking back once more and am instead looking forward to 2013.

I have been putting together a race schedule for next year that started out relatively modest, but has evolved into something a bit more ambitious.  2012 was all about being kind to my body and despite racing a ton, I only competed in a handful of longer distance races.  I have every intention of continuing to be kind to my body, however the handful of longer distance events has turned into two fistfuls for 2013! And it just keeps growing.

Some, especially those not yet addicted to racing, may wonder why I choose to dedicate so much time and effort to training and racing. The answer is simple: because I can and it makes me happy.  I'll elaborate.  I am strong and healthy and preparing for races and racing makes me stronger and healthier.  Now, more than ever, I find that incredibly addicting and perhaps that is why it makes me so happy.

Sooooo, the race schedule continues to grow, and for lack of a better word, I am psyched!

2013 tentative race schedule:

2/16
Black Mountain XC San Diego, CA-tentative
3/2
Desert Rampage IMC#1
3/16
True Grit-NUE#1
4/6
Cactus Hugger IMC#2 (or Rumble at 18 Road 4/13)
4/20
Lambert Park USCS#1
4/26-4/28
Whiskey 50-Prescott AZ
5/11
12 Hours of Mesa Verde-Duo w/ hubby
5/27
Draper IMC#5
6/8
WB50 USCS#2
6/22
Round Valley XC USCS#3
7/6
Marathon Nationals-Sun Valley, ID
7/13
Crushar in the Tushar-Ha!  I caved to Shannon’s peer pressure!
7/27
Laramie Enduro 110k-Laramie, WY
8/17
Mt. Ogden 100k
8/31
PCP2P-NUE#13
9/14
Draper 50 USCS#4
11/2
Iceman-If I haven’t become totally consumed with cross!


And just in case you noticed that there are a few open weekends, no worries, I'll also be adding in local XC races and midweek races as my schedule allows.  

2012 was a pretty great year.  Here's to an even better 2013!  Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment