Wednesday, December 12, 2012

11 weekends 12 races

The Utah Cyclocross season has wrapped up and I still can't believe that I raced 12 times in the past 11 weekends.  That's a whole lot of racing and it brings me up to 35 races in 2012.  Simply crazy!

Some highlights from cross season:


Getting to line up and spend the weekend with some of the coolest girls I know


Nothing like a 45 minute full throttle effort to make you feel ALIVE


Flying through singletrack on skinny tires is exhilirating


37-year old dressing up as a zombie schoolgirl for Halloween and racing a bike.  Awesome!


Killing the Cross out Cancer relay race was a definite highlight! 


Cross is so much fun that I smile even when I'm pegged!


Okay.  Maybe I won't miss the barriers!


Pretty amazing scenery too


Worked hard for my fair share of podiums


And finally, my secret weapon-the loudest cheerleader (or maybe he was heckling me)!  




2 comments:

  1. Hello Jen,

    I've just found your blog as I find myself in a similar predicament. And wanted to find out how other athletes have dealt with this pernicious disease. I'm an ex-elite roadie in the UK and have recently been through chemo/double mastectomy/rads and now on Tamoxifen.
    I'm trying to get fit again and finding it hard. How did you build back up? How long did it take?
    Seeing your recent photos are really inspiring! Great work,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charlotte, I am so glad you found my blog and I just tried to answer your question in a post. That is such a tricky question, but the one thing I can say for sure is that it keeps getting better. Good luck with your recovery and you can email me anytime if you want to chat! Jen.

    ReplyDelete