Monday, September 26, 2011

A beautiful day....

September 17th was a memorial service for my Dad.  It was a beautiful weekend on so many levels and the service was exactly what I wanted/needed.  It started with a dinner Friday night with my siblings, niece/nephews, and my parents closest friends from Chicago.  The actual service was Saturday.  Family and friends shared experiences/memories of Dad and the service culminated with a 30-minute slide show, that my talented sister put together, of over 400 special moments with Dad.  The day was full of laughter and tears; truly a celebration of life.  I spent the rest of the weekend with family.  My niece and nephews were constant entertainment especially when Dizzy joined in on the fun.  I wish my Dad were there......

Family photo

Since then, I have occupied my mind by keeping extremely busy.  I must admit, it has worked quite well.
Now that my post-surgical precautions are basically non-existent, I have started to slowly introduce some weight training to build back some of the muscle I lost.  I have also been riding my bike.......a lot........In fact, last weekend I clocked over 6.5 hours of ride time in 2 days and probably double that in shammy time.  Like I always say, riding is my best therapy, and I have been getting lots of therapy recently!  

3 comments:

  1. Keeping busy certainly occupies the mind! I am glad the memorial service went well and you were able to celebrate your father's life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmmm - bike therapy.... couldn't agree more.
    what a wonderful description of connecting with family members during your dad's memorial... that's a good good thing.
    and... here's to no more post-surgical restrictions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry I missed it! My mom said it was good to be together. I hope to see Debbie's slideshow at some point.

    ReplyDelete